SEABED DREDGING & EXCAVATION
Seabed dredging and controlled flow excavation are seabed-related services which have become an integral part of any excavation activity or related operation carried out for the development, maintenance or decommissioning of Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy subsea fields.
A new name for an established global market leader
Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation is the new organization that has been formed from the integration of Scanmudring & Rotech Subsea into the Reef Subsea Group. Reef Subsea’s acquisition of Rotech Subsea, the world’s leading specialists in controlled flow excavation, in November 2011, combined with the precision dredging and excavation capabilities of Scanmudring, has created a global company with unmatched capabilities and skills in Seabed Dredging & Excavation services.
Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation’s clients include major Oil & Gas companies, as well as main contractors sub-contracting these tasks to specialized contractors.
Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation works independently from Reef Subsea companies and offers the same cost-based solutions to all its clients, whether they are from Reef Subsea Group or not.
From initial Seabed Preparation to Decommissioning through IMR services, Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation can offer the most extensive range of services throughout life of field services.
Typical Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation Services include:
- Pipeline and Cable Lowering
- Pipeline and Cable De-Burial
- Seabed Preparation (e.g. prior to jack-up arrivals)
- Freespan Rectification
- Seabed Clearance for installation of habitats & modules.
A Powerful Combination
The potent mix of complementary capabilities that Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation can now offer is already providing significant added value to all aspects of their clients’ projects.
Their presence in key subsea markets in the North Sea, the Americas and South-East Asia also creates many benefits for clients in both the Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy industries (see Contact us).
From Unique Precision Seabed Dredging…
Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation is a developer and operator of highly specialized and precise seabed dredging and excavation systems, Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation has developed specialized equipment in various sizes:
They can be operated either by Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation’s highly experienced personnel (for the biggest systems) or by clients, top-tier contractors or operators.
…to State of the Art Controlled Flow Excavation
Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation’s patented subsea excavation tools are the ’state of the art’ in controlled flow excavation. They are the most powerful and controllable flow excavators on the market today, combining non-contact excavation with real-time control and gyroscopic stability. They excavate with a high velocity but a low-pressure column of water.
- A non-contact method of excavation providing high levels of safety for sensitive subsea structures and pipelines
- Excellent performance in a wide variety of seabed materials, including stiff clay
- Straightforward deployment with minimal deck space requirements
- Speed and ease of mobilization - everything is designed to fit into 20’ containers, and has in the past been flown to several projects.
A unique range:
- the Twin R2000 operating in 1.5m water depth
- the T8000 - the most powerful system to date –– can generate the effect of 8 cubic meters of water per second hitting the seabed, thus creating a strong excavation force able to break up stiff clays.
- the T4000 - the most powerful system to date –– can generate the effect of 4 cubic meters of water per second hitting the seabed, thus creating a strong excavation force able to break up stiff clays.
To date Reef Subsea Dredging & Excavation has completed more than 500 Projects worldwide.